With the adoption of GPS-enabled smartphones, the Global Consumer LBS Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 37.38 percent from 2014-2018, says research firm Big Market.Heavy reliance on smartphones and internet connectivity, increased dependence on location-based services (LBS) and falling smartphone prices are acting as catalysts for the increased adoption of mobile LBS applications.
The latest report from Big Market Research indicates that more organizations are relying on analytics to increase consumer engagement. Many advertising companies use big data analytics and information gleaned from LBS to understand consumer behaviour. They extract all information pertaining to consumers, based on their movements on the internet and on social networking websites, and profile potential customers in order to push targeted advertising according to consumer profiles.
Cisco provides new location-based analytics technology to retailers to gain a better understanding of the consumers' shopping patterns and to deliver a compelling experience when they visit outlets,
McDonald's is undertaking similar initiatives. With the introduction of the McCaf menu, the restaurant is using competitive location data to understand consumer behaviours related to morning versus afternoon visits to other cafes.
Covered in this Report:
- The Global Consumer LBS market can be segmented based on application: Navigation and Tracking, Travel and Tourism, Social Networking, Family Finder, Location-based Gaming, Health and Fitness, and Weather Information.
- Global Consumer LBS Market 2014-2018, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts.
- The report covers the APAC and EMEA regions and the Americas; it also covers the Global Consumer LBS market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years.
- The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
- Foursquare Labs
- HERE (Nokia)
Other Prominent Vendors
- Appello Systems
- AT&T Mobility
- BLIP Systems
- France Telecom
- Garmin International
- Millennial Media
- MTN Group
- Rogers Wireless
- SiRF Technology
- Skyhook Wireless
- TeleCommunication Systems
- Texas Instruments
- Verizon Communications
- Waze (Google)
- Adoption of GPS-enabled Smartphones
- Privacy Concerns among Users
For a fulldetailed list, view our report: http://www.bigmarketresearch.com/global-consumer-lbs-2014-2018-market