Implantable medical devices are introduced into the human body through medical or surgical intervention and are left in the body after the procedure. They are widely preferred by the aged populace, who frequently suffer from organ degeneration. The primary driver for the global implantable medical device market is the continuous introduction of new products in the market. Moreover, this market is expected to grow with a healthy CAGR due to the rising incidence of chronic degenerative diseases, growing ageing population and rising healthcare expenditure. However, the high cost associated with implantable devices impedes the growth of the implantable medical devices market. Zimmer Holdings Inc., Synthes Inc. Stryker Corporation, Smith And Nephew Plc, St. Jude Medical Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Boston Scientific Corporation, Alcon Laboratories and Abbott Laboratories are some of the key players of this market. Stryker and Zimmer offer numerous custom products for joint replacement surgeries. These two companies also dominate the market for bionic devices. Medtronic is one of the leaders in the cardiac implantable devices market.
The global implantable medical devices market is segmented on the basis of type of products, procedures and geography. The products segment is further categorized into Orthopedic implants, Dental implants, Breast implants, Cardiovascular implants, Intraocular lens and Other implants. The market for orthopedic implant is growing at a rapid rate due to the growing ageing population and high prevalence of chronic degenerative conditions. Based on operative procedures the market is segmented into Cardiovascular, Orthopedic, Ophthalmic and Other procedures, including Breast Augmentation. Geographically, the global implantable medical devices market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. North America and Europe dominate the market for implantable medical devices as several major players operate in this region.
- In-depth coverage of the global implantable medical devices market including drivers, restraints and opportunities would help professionals to better understand market behavior
- Deep-dive analysis of geographic segments helps to identify opportunities for growth within the global implantable medical devices market
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the global implantable medical devices market and would assist market strategists in their decision-making process.
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships and acquisitions in the global implantable medical devices market would be informative for professionals in the corporate sector
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
The global implantable medical devices market is segmented into two broad categories: technology and geography.
MARKET BY PRODUCT TYPE
- Orthopedic implants
- Spinal implants
- Reconstructive joint replacement
- Dental implants
- Breast implants
- Cardiovascular implants
- Intraocular lens
- Other implants
MARKET BY PROCEDURES
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America