A Computer numerical control (CNC) is a type of programmable automation directed by mathematical data, which uses microcomputers to carry out machining operations. CNC machines are widely used in manufacturing industry. The traditional machines such as vertical millers, lathe machines, shaping machines, routers, etc., which are usually operated by trained engineers have been replaced by computer numerical machines.
CNC machines are largely used in the industry as many of the tools are clubbed together and used as single cell. CNC machines provide high accuracy in manufacturing, less production time, greater manufacturing flexibility, simpler fixturing, and reduced human errors. The major drawbacks of CNC machines are is its high cost of implementation, and maintenance. Also, CNC machines could lead to unemployment, as machines are used instead of human resources. These are some factors hindering the growth of CNC market. The regions in the developing countries would use the CNC machines as economies of those countries are expected to grow.
The CNC machines provide accuracy in operation, low production time and hence the CNC machines would be used on a larger scale in future. The benefits of these machines would lead to increase in its use and in turn increase the penetration of CNC machines in the market. The report highlights the benefits, drawbacks and future scope of CNC market.
Computer Numerical Control Analysis by Application
The applications of CNC are majorly classified into machine tool and non machine tool areas. In the machine tool category, CNC are used for drill press, lathe machines, milling machines, lasers, grinding units, sheet-metal press working machines, etc. In non machine tool category, CNC applications include wielding machines, coordinate measuring machines, tape laying & filament winding, electronic assembly, winding machines, etc.
Computer Numerical Control Analysis by Geography
Presently, CNC finds applications in all geographies, namely North America Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW. As the economies of the developing countries in Asia Pacific region would slowly grow the use of CNC in this region would increase.
The competitive rivals in the global CNC market are Fanuc Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corp. and Siemens AG, Fagor Automation. Bosch Rexroth AG, Sieb & Meyer AG, Heidenhain GmbH, Soft Servo Systems, and GSK CNC EQUIPMENT Co. Ltd
High Level Analysis
The research throws light on the segments of the global CNC market. Porters five force’s model helps in understanding the bargaining power of suppliers and buyers, the competitive rivalry and new players entering into the global CNC market. SWOT analysis helps in decision making and to carve a sustainable niche in the market. The key intermediaries involved in this market are analyzed strategically through the value chain analysis Market trends and forecasts made would help the individual players in predicting the future market growth.
- The research analysis is done on the basis of market segments by applications and geographies to know the depth of segmentation’s in the market
- Report discusses the uses, benefits and drawbacks of the CNC, which provides a clear view about the CNC technology in the global CNC market
- Analysis focuses on current market trends, driving and limiting factors of the global CNC market, which helps in understanding the global CNC market in depth
- Strategic decisions of the key competitors in the global CNC market can be understood through the Porter’s five force model and SWOT analysis
- The use of CNC applications is examined in different geographies, which show the penetration of the CNC applications all over the world
Examining the global CNC market, it can be classified into the following categories: CNC market by applications and CNC market by geography.
MARKET BY APPLICATION
- Machine Tool Category
- Drill Press
- Lathe Machines
- Milling Machine
- Grinding Unit
- Sheet-Metal Press Working Machine
- Non-Machine Tool Category
- Wielding Machines
- Coordinate Measuring Machine
- Tape laying & Filament Winding
- Electronic Assembly
- Winding Machines
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Asia Pacific