Rising obesity rates and related lifestyle diseases have encouraged Emirati consumers to shift their dietary habits towards healthy foods. The fresh and healthy food trend will also fuel the growth of specific cuisines such as Japanese. Moving with the healthy eating trend, food service operators will increase focus on locally sourced ingredients and will continue to develop innovative set-ups to make the eating and dining experience more fun, thrilling, and memorable. Furthermore, the UAE government's focus on developing the tourism market will push the demand for the foodservice industry.
- Driven by large working age population and growing tourist volume, the Emirati Foodservice market is expected to experience a growth of 4.5% during 2014-2019.
- Increased public sector investments in non-oil sector will improve labour market condition and drive the economic growth.
- Retail will be the fastest growing Profit channel in terms of sales during 2014-2019, driven by rapid development of the retail sector, particularly in the major cities of Abu Dhabi, Sharjah and Dubai.
- Healthcare will be the fastest growing Cost channel, driven by the growing needs of Emiratis owing to increasing number of diseases associated with sedentary urban lifestyle.
Canadean's UAE Foodservice: The Future of Foodservice in the UAE to 2019 report is a comprehensive analysis of the market with forecasts to 2019. The report gives insights into the latest market trends and sector level analysis that will help foodservice operators to identify growing opportunities in the market. It also covers a brief overview about the key players.
What else does this report offer?
- Macro-economic analyses and trends: GDP per capita, consumer price index, unemployment rate and age profile, which impact the foodservice market. Special focus on consumer, operator and technology trends that affect the performance of the industry
- Foodservice market attractiveness: details and insights into the development of the sector from 2009-2019
- Sector analysis: provides in-depth data on the valuation and development of both profit and cost sectors, details on the number of outlets, transactions, average price, foodservice sales, sales per outlet, and transactions per outlet across nearly 50 sub-channels
- An overview of key players, together with insights such as business descriptions, product profiles and number of outlets
- Regulatory scenario insights for foodservice operators in the UAE market
- To gain confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the Emirati Foodservice market and to identify emerging/declining markets over the next 5 years.
- To have a thorough fact based analysis with information about value of the foodservice market across the channels in both the sectors and the underlying factors that are driving the channel sales. For example, the rising number of inbound tourists, as well as Emirati consumer's frequently visiting Retail outlets as a part of outings and socializing with family and friends, will contribute to the growth of Retail transactions.
- The analysts have placed a significant emphasis on the major trends that will shape the foodservice market and will provide a clear picture about the future opportunities that can be explored, resulting in revenue expansion. E.g. moving with the fresh and healthy eating trend, the restaurant operators are integrating traditional cooking styles such as Indian Ayurvedic, Japanese Rabatayaki and Korean barbecue, which are considered to be healthy cooking.
- Brief overview of the key foodservice companies in the UAE with information about their business descriptions, product profiles and number of outlets. This will provide a total competitive landscape of the sector.