With estimated telecom services revenue of $11.3bn in 2015, Turkey is one of the largest telecom markets in the AME region. In recent years, overall service revenue in Turkey has suffered in US dollar terms due to significant currency devaluation of the Turkish lira as a result of political instability. Pyramid Research expects total service revenue to grow at a CAGR of 1.6% in US dollar terms during 2015-2020, reaching $12.2bn in 2020. Growth will be driven by increasing data traffic due to strong smartphone adoption and increasing usage of OTT applications. The availability of 4G services in 2016 will further boost data traffic.
- With estimated total telecom service revenue of US$11.3bn in 2015, Turkey is one the largest telecom services market within the Africa and Middle East region. Between 2015 and 2020, Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue increase at a CAGR of 1.6% in US dollar terms. In local currency, the market will grow nearly twice as fast at a CAGR of 3.1% during the same period to reach TL34.9bn in 2020.
- Adoption of 3G technology will reach 84.6% of the mobile subscription base at year-end 2015; we project this will decline over the forecast period as subscribers migrate to 4G services. 4G subscriptions will reach 16m by year-end 2020, making up 19.7% of total mobile subscriptions in Turkey. This will be driven by strong adoption by existing smartphone users who already have 4G-compatible devices.
- Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities in the mobile broadband space with the launch of 4G services. This can be achieved by offering tailored dedicated mobile broadband packages, for example, using USB modems and MiFi devices. Vendors should position themselves to support operators in developing their 5G road maps.
Turkey: Mobile Operators Gear Up to Launch 4G Services in 2016 Following National Spectrum Auction provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Turkey today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the telecom market of Turkey, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Researchs databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Turkey in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Turkey.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed, pay-TV and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice, data services and pay-TV; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the telecommunications market in Turkey.
- Provides an overview of the Turkey telecom market through a combination of quantitative and qualitative insights. The graphical information consists of more than 20 charts and tables derived from Pyramid Researchs forecast products.
- Build profitable growth strategies by leveraging the analysis, which includes an examination of current player strategies and the future trends of the Turkey telecommunications market.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Turkeys mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer demand.
- Gain insights on key telecom players in the market and their strategies to grow market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet customer requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Turkey.