Respondents feel that the overall business confidence index for H2 2015 (July 2015-December 2015) has reduced in comparison to H1 2015 (January 2015-June 2015), which indicates that the Travel and Tourism industry is yet to recover from the ongoing global uncertainties. In spite of a reduction in business confidence index, increasing number of respondents state that the current economic conditions are stable and the future outlook remains positive as a result of an increase in disposable income, increasing demand for luxury travel, and the emergence of new business models. Over the next six months the industry would increase its expenditure towards new product development and green initiatives.
- The highest percentage of executives indicated a stable economic environment in H2 2015 (July-December 2015)
- Executives who operate in Europe and Asia-Pacific expect improvements in consumer confidence in H2 2015, as compared to H1 2015 (January-June 2015)
- On average, respondents anticipate the prices of equipment to increase by 2.3% over the next six months
- Respondents who operate in Asia-Pacific expect staff headcount numbers to remain stable in H2 2015, as compared to H1 2015
- Executives foresee an increase in expenditure on new product development and green initiatives over the next six months
Canadean's Travel and Tourism Industry Business Confidence Survey H2 2015 examines executive's opinion on business environment over July-December 2015. It also highlights existing economic condition, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth outlook, spending pattern and key priorities. Additionally, it provides information categorized by region and presents comparison with H1 2015 wherever applicable.
What else does this report offer?
- Current state of the global economy: examines prevailing economic conditions globally and across various regions
- Company and industry growth outlook: provides industry executives' expectations towards growth prospects of their company and the industry over the next six months
- Change in consumer confidence: analyzes travel and tourism industry executives' opinion about the change in consumer confidence during H2 2015
- Supplier prices projection: determines expected change in supplier prices across various categories and their impact on business confidence
- Change in staff headcount and sales performance: tracks expected change in staff headcount and sales for H2 2015 among industry executives globally
- Significant investment activities: highlights various areas in which industry executives intend to invest over the next six months
- Business concerns: provides information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for H2 2015
- Key priorities: identifies top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions
- The report would benefit organizations to make effective business strategy by knowing the prevailing business conditions and sentiment within the travel and tourism industry
- Organizations will be supported in business expansion decisions by providing information about projected change in sales performance and supplier prices
- Helps to improve operational efficiency of the organization by knowing about key priorities and major concerns of travel and tourism industry executives
- Helps to alter investment allocation by understanding key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during H2 2015