- In Canada, in September 2015 the production of cigarettes rose more than 18% over the figure recorded in August, to around 2,000 million pieces. Sales of cigarettes in September increased 2.4% on the previous year.
- In September 2015 (fiscal year 2016), Japan Tobacco reported monthly sales of 9.2 billion pieces - a fall of 2.1% over the previous year, and static compared with the previous month.
- British American Tobacco reported more than a 6% decline in its third-quarter revenue (nine months to the end of September), a result of currency fluctuations and declines in smoking rates. The company sold around 500 billion cigarettes, down 1.8% from the first nine months of 2014.
- TTLC reported sales of approximately NT$75,500 million in 2014, more than 3% below 2013 levels. This represents a reversal of the upward trend which emerged in 2011.
Tobacco Insights, is a monthly report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed information on the changing production and consumption patterns affected by the recent developments related to new laws and regulations globally.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the industry in order to offer data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Tobacco industry.
- Recent activities of the manufacturers operating in the industry.
- Detailed company profiles, highlighting key focus product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the brands.
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior to identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse the current and forecast market position of the brands to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- A summary of the latest news in the Tobacco industry, providing a single-source solution to understand how the industry is changing, and what this means for brands and companies.