- Sales of tax stamps for cigars and cigarillos slumped in the first half of 2015 compared to the same period of the previous year, as a result of the withdrawal of the tax advantage for eco-cigarillos. Tax stamp withdrawals in the other sectors of the tobacco products market are marginally up.
- In July 2015, production of cigarettes in Canada decreased by just 0.7% over the figure recorded in June.
- BAT is to close its Moscow-based Liggett-Ducat cigarette factory by mid-2016. The closure has been caused by the sharply declining market for cigarettes.
- The German cigarette industry faces a threat to its export capacity as the new draft law to implement the new EU Tobacco Directive contains a clause which bans the export of products which are not permitted on the German market.
Tobacco Insights, is a monthly report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed information on the changing production and consumption patterns affected by the recent developments related to new law and regulation globally.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the industry in order to offer data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Tobacco industry.
- Recent activities of the manufacturers operating in the industry.
- Detailed company profiles, highlighting key focus product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the brands.
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior to identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse the current and forecast market position of the brands to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.