The telecommunications market in the Netherlands generated $11.7bn in service revenue in 2015. The telecom services revenue in the Netherlands is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 2.1% during 2016-2021, driven by growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV. Mobile data and pay-TV will be the fastest-growing segment in the telecom market. Going forward, operators shoul focus on fixed-mobile convergence and multiplay offerings. Investment by operators in 4G network expansion, fiber deployment and IoT/M2M will provide opportunities for vendors to support network operators by offering afordable LTE-compatible devices.
The overall telecom service revenue in the Netherlands is estimated to generate $11.3bn in 2016 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 2.1% during 2016-2021, mainly driven by the data segment.
- Mobile revenue will account for 51.1% of the total telecom revenue in 2021; mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment over 2016-2021.
- The Netherlands telecom market will be dominated by KPN as the leading operator, followed by Ziggo and Vodafone Netherlands. Operators are focusing on fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) and multiplay offerings to increase their subscriber base and revenue.
"The Netherlands: Revenue to Grow Moderately Through 2021 as Operators Focus on M2M and FMC to Support Subscriptions," a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in the Netherlands today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in the Netherlands compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in the Netherlands.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the Netherlands's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the Netherlands's telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Netherlands's mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in the Netherlands's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the Netherlands.