The Cards and Payments Industry in Oman: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2020
GlobalDatas "The Cards and Payments Industry in Oman: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2020", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Omani cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including credit transfers, direct debits, payment cards and checks during the review period (2012-2016).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review period and over the forecast period (2016-2020). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
The report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Omani cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Omani cards and payments industry, including debit and credit cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debits, checks and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Omani cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit and credit cards.
- Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitudes and buying preferences for cards.
- The competitive landscape in the Omani cards and payments industry.
- To strengthen the lending business in Oman, in November 2015 the central bank issued circular allowing non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) to issue white-label credit cards in collaboration with domestic banks. NBFCs can brand white-label cards as their own, without investing in the necessary infrastructure. While banks are responsible for administration and settlement processes, NBFCs are responsible for the cards branding and marketing. The move helps consumers who do not have access to formal financial institutions to obtain credit, and is anticipated to drive growth in the credit card market.
- The central bank issued an advisory note in May 2014 requesting that Omani residents and businesses use non-cash payments and increase use of ATMs and cash-deposit machines (CDMs) for routine transactions such as cash withdrawals, deposits and salary payments. The move aimed to increase efficiency in the payment system by urging consumers to use existing banking infrastructure for electronic transactions. The shift away from cash is expected to promote debit card use.
- Contactless payments are at a nascent stage of development. In June 2015, the NBO partnered with Mastercard to launch a pilot project to introduce TapNGo contactless payment technology. Selected NBO customers were offered a contactless debit card, allowing them to pay for small-ticket items at the checkout without entering a PIN or signing a receipt for amounts up to US$26 (OMR10). To ensure security, a chip and a radio frequency antenna is embedded into the contactless card, which is then touched against a contactless reader.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Omani cards and payments industry.
- It provides current values for the Omani cards and payments industry for 2016, and forecast figures to 2020.
- It details the different demographic, economic, infrastructural and business drivers affecting the Omani cards and payments industry.
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry.
- It details marketing strategies used by various banks and other institutions.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Omani cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Omani cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Omani cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Oman.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Omani cards and payments industry.