In 2016, Thailand telecom market will generate total service revenue of $10.2bn (THB360.1bn), (or 2.6% of the nominal GDP), an increase of 1.7% over 2015. Mobile data services will be the key revenue contributing segment, accounting for 36.1% of the total service revenue in 2016. Operator focus on network expansion and service enhancement, and investment in advanced technologies such as VoLTE and VoWiFi, will be the major factors driving growth of mobile data services in Thailand over the forecast period.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Thailand is estimated to generate $10.2bn in 2016 and is estimated to decline at a CAGR of -0.2% during 2016-2021.
- Mobile segment will account for 69.7% of the total telecom revenue in 2021.
- The Thailand telecom market will be dominated by AIS Dtac and TrueCorp. AIS will remain the largest player in the telecom market through 2021. Operators focusing on expansion of 4G services, hence offering heavy discount on smartphones with data packages. Moreover the operators are stimulating the data usage through infotainments bundles.
Thailand: Data Services to Spur Robust Growth in the Telecom Market between 2016-2021' a new Country Intelligence Report , provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Thailand today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Thailand compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Thailand.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice and data from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Thailand 'telecommunication market.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Thailand telecommunication market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Thailand mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Thailand telecommunication market.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Thailand.