Brands can significantly benefit from developing an in-depth understanding of the reasons for the success and failure of new product launches or marketing campaigns. This case study outlines how Lurpak Lightest Spreadable has achieved significant success since its launch by successfully combining health benefits with sensory appeal.
- Use Canadean Consumer's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the consumer packaged goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Why is Lurpak Lightest Spreadable considered an interesting case of success?
- What consumer insight underpins this success?
- Which consumer trends has this product innovation capitalized on?
- What can I learn from Lurpak Lightest Spreadable's success?
UK consumers are not willing to compromise on taste for health benefits. Only 25% of UK consumers are willing to sacrifice taste for healthier food products. Lurpak Lightest spreadable has achieved the right balance between health and taste with its innovative formulation.
Lurpak Lightest Spreadable benefited from product sampling. Nearly six in 10 UK consumers like sampling food and drinks before purchasing them.