Brands can significantly benefit from developing an in-depth understanding of the reasons for the success and failure of new product launches or marketing campaigns. This case study outlines how this segment has taken off by attracting younger millennial drinkers into wine.
- Use Canadean Consumer's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the consumer packaged goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Why are blended sweet red wines considered an interesting case of success?
- What consumer insight underpins this success?
- Which consumer trends has this product innovation capitalized on?
- What can I learn from the success of this segment?
Better product marketing has been a key reason behind why the segment has taken off. Consumers can find the product amid others in the "wall of wine."
Branding has made sweet blended red wine fun and easy to understand, ensuring that it is more approachable for younger consumers.