The expansion of the global sports good industry is forecast to reach 3.3% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2008 and 2014 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.3%. Currently, gymnasium, athletics and physical exercise equipment accounts for 26.7% of the global demand while the remaining market share is divided between golf equipment (16.8%), fishing and hunting requisites and equipment (10.7%), ski equipment (5.7%), balls (5.3%), watersport equipment (5.1%), ice skates and roller skates (2.2%), sports gloves, mitts and mittens (2.0%), tennis equipment (1.8%), table tennis goods (1.0%), badminton and other rackets (0.9%) and other sports goods (22.0%).
Canada, China, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States represent the largest sports good markets while the strongest annual growth is forecast to occur in Morocco (17.7%), Malaysia (7.6%), Ecuador (7.1%), Sri Lanka (6.3%) and the United States (5.7%).
This industry report package offers the most up-to-date market data on the actual market situation, trends, and future outlook for sports goods in the world. Along with a global sports good market report the package includes country reports from the following countries:
Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States
The reports include historic market data from 2008 to 2014 and forecasts until 2019 which makes the reports an invaluable resource for industry executives, marketing, sales and product managers, analysts, and other people looking for key industry data in readily accessible and clearly presented tables and graphs.
The latest market data for this research include:
- Overall sports good market size, 2008-2019
- Sports good market size by product segment, 2008-2019
- Growth rates of the overall sports good market and different product segments, 2008-2019
- Shares of different product segments of the overall sports good market, 2008, 2014 and 2019
- Market Potential Rates of the overall sports good market and different product segments
The product segments discussed in the data reports include:
Other golf equipment
Other ski equipment
Table tennis goods
Badminton and other rackets
Other fishing and hunting requisites and equipment
Surf-boards, water-skis and other watersport equipment
Ice skates and roller skates
Gymnasium, athletics and physical exercise equipment
Sports gloves, mitts and mittens
Other sports goods
The reports help answering the following questions:
- What is the current size of the sports good market in the world and in different countries?
- How is the sports good market divided into different product segments?
- How are the overall market and different product segments growing?
- How is the market predicted to develop in the future?
- What is the market potential compared to other countries?
Among the key reasons to purchase include the following:
- Gain an outlook of the historic development, current market situation, trends, and future outlook of the sports good market in the world to 2019
- Track industry trends and identify market opportunities
- Plan and develop marketing, market-entry, market expansion, and other business strategies by identifying the key market trends and prospects
- Save time and money with the readily accessible key market data included in the report. The market data is clearly presented and can be easily incorporated into presentations, internal reports, etc.