Hungary presents an attractive smoking tobacco market with one of the world's highest smoking incidences, taking into account regular and occasional smokers. Although there has been a long-term decline of the overall tobacco products market, smoking tobacco has seen a high increase. Notably, this growth has been driven by many consumers switching from manufactured cigarettes to roll-your-own and make-your-own tobacco. The long term prospects of smoking tobacco are also good owing to the fall in minimum duty payable in 2015, and stable tax incidence since 2012 for finely cut tobacco giving smoking tobacco a major competitive advantage over manufactured cigarettes.
- The Hungarian tobacco market has been subject to escalating taxation on tobacco products during the past decade to bring it into line with EU requirements. Evidence of this can be seen with recent changes to minimum duty which has been raised from 2005 to 2012 and was subject to a hike of 46.4% in January 2013.
- By value, Imperial Tobacco has long led the Hungarian market. Its share has risen from 15.0% in 2006 to 37.0% in 2010. Latest share data give Imperial 33.8% in 2011, 35.8% in 2012 and 35.5% in 2013, above its share by volume.
- Retail prices have been increasing as levels of tax on smoking tobacco have been raised. Local brands continue to dominate the medium to lower priced segment with international brands becoming more significant in the medium to higher priced segments.
- Volumes are forecast to stand 23% up on 2014, with per capita consumption also ahead, by 26.4%. Over the same period, sales of manufactured cigarettes are set to fall, representing a 37.4% decline on their level in 2014.
Smoking Tobacco in Hungary, is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Hungarian market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Hungarian marker is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.