In 2016, telecom service revenue in Slovakia will slightly decline compared with 2015, to $1.5bn (1.4bn), equivalent to 1.8% of the country's nominal GDP. After several years of revenue pressure, Pyramid Research expects revenue to return to growth from 2017 onward and to reach $1.8bn (1.5bn) at the end of 2020. This result is consistent with a broader trend and outlook across Europe as regulatory pressure diminishes and operators start to monetize their next-generation network investments in a healthier price-competitive environment.
- Pyramid Research expects service revenue to grow at a CAGR of 0.7% in local currency terms from 2015 to 2020. The major drivers of revenue growth will be further customer migration to fiber, VDSL and LTE networks, along with increasing adoption of triple-or quad-play offers launched by Slovak Telekom and Orange Slovakia. Mobile revenue will continue to prevail over fixed revenue.
- Slovakia's telecom services market is a consolidated market having three major players in 2015. The top three operators, Slovak Telekom, Orange Slovakia and O2 Slovakia, are expected to account for 83.3% of total service revenue in 2016. The telecom market is expected to remain more competitive than the fixed market in the forthcoming years due to the activity of the new market entrant, 4ka, which will expand its market share to 5% in 2020.
- Owing to the expansion of LTE networks and devices, LTE subscriptions will grow exponentially to reach 3.4m by 2020 (37% of all mobile subscriptions).
- FTTH/B is expected to become the largest technology in terms of access lines, accounting for 54.6% of all of access lines in 2020.
- Over the next five years, MNOs should seize major opportunities in areas such as network expansion, the move to LTE-A, the fixed broadband segment, M2M, wearables and multiplay offers to increase customer loyalty and generate additional revenue.
Slovakia: LTE Service Take-Up, Broadband Rollout and Multiplay Services Will Support Revenue Growth provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Slovakia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Slovakia's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Slovakia compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Slovakia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice and data from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Slovakia's telecommunications markets.
-Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of Slovakia's telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
-Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Slovakia's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customers' demand.
-Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the Slovakian telecom market.
-Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
-Explore opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Slovakia.