The Serbian beer market expanded in 2015, even though the GDP growth was below 1%. Favorable weather, the development of the Zajecarsko brand, increased demand for expensive craft beer, price reductions by Hoegaarden, as well as continued interest in German imports such as Erdinger, have fueled this expansion. Premium and super premium segments posted strong growth figures. Price reductions made these options more attractive to consumers. The super premium segment has done well to recover from a 57% contraction in volume between 2013 and 2014 to 89% since 2014. 2016 promises to be a turbulent year for beer consumption, with growth forecast at 1%.
- The favorable weather seen in 2015 was a major driver for increase in the consumption of beer.
- The top three operators - Molson Coors, Heineken and Carlsberg - account for 91% of beer market volume.
- Lager is segment leader by market share of 98% with a robust growth of 6%.
- The consumption volume of Tuborg Green increased by 14% in 2015 as it focused on Horeca consumption and the persistent targeting of young, urban populations.
- Imports expanded 16% in 2015, the key drivers behind this growth were Heineken from Hungary and Budvar imported from Czech Republic.
- The premium segment has expanded by 4% in 2015, and now accounts for 7% of overall beer volume.
Canadean's Serbia Beer Market Insights 2016 Report provides a complete overview of the Serbia beer industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2011-2015 actual detailed beer consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
- Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
- 2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
- Details of key beer new product launches in 2015 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the beer market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the beer market
- Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Serbia beer industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Serbia beer market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Analyze domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyze the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new powerpoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Serbia beer market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects