'Senegal: New Pricing Strategies and 3G+ Network Upgrades to Drive Telecom Revenue Growth,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Senegal's mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, and mobile sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends in Senegal.
- Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue in Senegal grow at a 5.2% CAGR from 2013 to 2018. Although mobile services continue to grow at the cost of fixed services, the fixed-mobile revenue split will remain stable.
- Adoption of 3G technologies is currently at 6.2% of the mobile subscription base in 2013; we project that this will reach 20.8% of all mobile subscriptions in 2018. Uptake of 3G is driven by operators recently launching and marketing services, as well as by a greater variety of packages and new pricing strategies.
- We expect broadband lines to increase at a CAGR of 20.8% from 2013 to 2018, driven largely by investments by operators in delivering high-speed Internet service in the capital city and nearby regions. We also expect pay-TV, media and on-demand services to drive subscriber penetration in the fixed segment.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Senegal today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2018. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Senegal's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: market size and trends in Senegal compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Senegal.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video from 2013 to 2018.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services and: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Senegal's telecommunications market.
- This Country Intelligence Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of Senegal's telecommunications market based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on the telecom market, with the mobile and fixed segments examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Senegal.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Senegal market to operators, vendors and investors.