'Russia: Next-Generation Network Expansion and Focus on Data Subscribers to Drive Market Growth,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Russia's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Russian market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- With revenue of US$42.8bn, or 2.0% of GDP, the telecom services market in Russia was the largest in Central and Eastern Europe in 2013.
- Over the next five years, Pyramid Research expects total market revenue in Russia to grow at a CAGR of 1.7% to reach $46.5bn in 2018. This growth rate will slightly exceed the average rate of 1.5% for the CEE region from 2013 to 2018.
- Data services in both the fixed and mobile segments will be the driving force behind market growth, which will be further boosted by pay-TV uptake.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Russia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2018. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Russia's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Russian compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Russia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2018.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Russia's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Russia's telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Russia's mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Russia's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market Russia.