The telecommunications market in Romania will generate $3.0bn in service revenue in 2016. The telecom services revenue in Romania is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2016-2021, driven by growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile data and pay-TV will be the fastest-growing segment in the telecom market. Going forward, operators should focus on fixed mobile convergence and triple-play and quad-play offerings to improve their ARPU and churn. Investment by operators in 4G network expansion and development and fiber deployments will provide significant opportunities for vendors to support network operators by offering afordable LTE-compatible devices.
The overall telecom service revenue in Romania is estimated to generate $3.0bn in 2016 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2016-2021, mainly driven by the data segment.
- Operators are focusing on fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) and triple play and quad offerings to increase their subscriber base.
- Mobile revenue will account for 61.9% of the total telecom revenue in 2021; mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment over 2016-2021.
- The Romania telecom market will be dominated by Orange Romania as the overall leading operator, followed by Telekom Romania and Vodafone Romania.
"Romania: Ultrafast Mobile and Fixed Network Expansion to Drive ARPS and Revenue Growth," a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Romania today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Romania compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Romania.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Romania's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Romania's telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Romania's mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Romania's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Romania.