Traditional Polish consumers preferred eating at home rather than dining out. However, the dining out frequency is increasing, due to changing lifestyles. Quick and less expensive fast food is the most popular eat-out option, especially among urban younger consumers. Shifting consumer preferences towards more frequent eat-out occasions, coupled with the emergence of international fast food chains such as Burger King and Subway, supports the growth of the foodservice sector. Stable economic conditions and labor market development will further boost the Polish Foodservice industry during 2014-2019.
- The Polish Foodservice market is expected to experience a growth of 4.8% during 2014-2019.
- Reviving public investments and increasing domestic consumption will keep up the GDP per Capita.
- The Restaurants will remain the dominant channel while the Retail will be the fastest growing foodservice channel.
- Retail channel will fuel the growth of Profit Sector foodservice sales in the country.
- Military and Civil Defence channel will fuel the growth of Cost Sector foodservice sales.
Canadean's Polish Foodservice: The Future of Foodservice in Poland to 2019 report is a comprehensive analysis of the market with forecasts to 2019. The report gives insights into the latest market trends and sector level analysis that will help foodservice operators to identify growing opportunities in the market. It also covers a brief overview about the key players.
What else does this report offer?
- Macro-economic analyses and trends: GDP per capita, consumer price index, unemployment rate and age profile, which impact the foodservice market. Special focus on consumer, operator and technology trends that affect the performance of the industry
- Foodservice market attractiveness: details and insights into the development of the sector from 2009-2019
- Sector analysis: provides in-depth data on the valuation and development of both profit and cost sectors, details on the number of outlets, transactions, average price, foodservice sales, sales per outlet, and transactions per outlet across nearly 50 sub-channels
- An overview of key players, together with insights such as business descriptions, product profiles and number of outlets
Regulatory scenario insights for foodservice operators in the Polish market
- To gain confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the Polish Foodservice market and to identify emerging/declining markets over the next 5 years.
- To have a thorough fact based analysis with information about value of the foodservice market across the channels in both the sectors and the underlying factors that are driving the channel sales. For example, driven by fast and quick service at low cost, Restaurant channel dominates the food service market in Poland.
- The analysts have placed a significant emphasis on the major trends that will shape the foodservice market and will provide a clear picture about the future opportunities that can be explored, resulting in revenue expansion. E.g. health awareness initiatives/promotions contributed to a growing trend of healthy food menus such as gluten-free foods and Superfoods.
- Brief overview of the key foodservice companies in Poland with information about their business descriptions, product profiles and number of outlets. This will provide a total competitive landscape of the sector.