The Polish Telecom market is second behind only to Russia in terms of telecom services revenues in the CEE region and is estimated to generate telecom services revenue of $20bn at the end of 2020. Mobile data will contribute nearly 20% of the total revenues, driven by the increasing number of LTE users who are expected to result in the increased data usage, as mobile broadband prices continues to be relatively cheaper as compared to fixed broadband, owing to regulatory intervention. The ongoing auction of the 800MHz/2600MHz spectrum auction would further improve LTE coverage in the country, offering operators the opportunity to provide high-speed broadband Internet services and growth in the mobile broadband usage will particularly be driven from the rural areas. The presence of 6 major operators and more than 20 MVNOs has intensified the existing competition amongst the telcos, thereby resulting in pricing pressure on the telcos. Service bundling and multi-screen among DTH and cable operators among DTH and cable operators will be the key focus areas by pay-TV operators in Poland.
- Poland is the second largest telecom services market in the Central and Eastern Europe region, after Russia, with estimated revenue of US$8.7bn, or 1.7% of nominal GDP in 2015.
- Pyramid Research expects telecom service revenue to decline from Zl 33.5bn ($8.7bn) in 2015 to Zl 30.7bn ($10.0bn) in 2020 (-1.7% CAGR in Zl terms) as price competition will remain intense and the adoption of fixed/mobile convergent services will increase pressure on total market revenue.
- The revenue mix will change as the government (through its national broadband plan) and leading operators (Orange, Play, Polkomtel, T-Mobile and Netia) invest in high-speed fixed and mobile networks to capture an increasing demand for Internet services. Fixed and mobile data revenue will account for 34.9% of total revenue in 2020, up from 26.8% in 2015.
- The top two operators - Orange Poland, which provides mobile, broadband, TV and fixed voice services, and Play, which offers mobile services - will account for 43.6% of overall service revenue in 2015. All operators are focusing on investments, network modernization and multiplay offerings to compete in a challenging environment
Poland: The 800MHz/2600MHz 4G Spectrum Auctions and the National Broadband Plan Will Fuel Data Services Growth report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Poland today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Poland's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Poland compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Poland.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Poland's telecommunications markets.
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of Poland's telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Poland's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the Polish telecom market.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Poland.