Although the beer industry was negatively affected by the increase in tax for beer and alcoholic beverages but the improved economic conditions in the country benefited consumption of beer. Cerveceria National (Panama), which belongs to SABMiller, held 55% of the overall beer market. Light beers are growing in volume as consumers are looking for more refreshing product with less alcohol content than the regular versions. With 98% market share, lager remained the dominate type in the market in 2015. Beer market is expected to grow by 1% in 2016.
- Although beer consumption volume shrank 2% in 2015, total market value increased by 6%.
- Beer imports have risen over the past few periods as local production can't satisfy demand on many occasions. The majority of the imported beer comes from the United States with 73% share.
- Mainstream beer is still by far the largest price segment in volume with 54% share. Although consumers were drinking less beer due to the introduction of a tax on beer.
- Multipacks of six glass bottles are the most frequent and are usually from imported brands. It is expected that glass packaging will dominate the market for the upcoming years.
Canadean's Panama Beer Market Insights 2016 Report provides a complete overview of the Panama beer industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2011-2015 actual detailed beer consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
- Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
- 2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
- Details of key beer new product launches in 2015 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the beer market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the beer market
- Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Panama beer industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Panama beer market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Analyze domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyze the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new power point add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Panama beer market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects