Pain management is a stream of medical sciences that eases the suffering of patients who have chronic pain. The global medical devices market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% between 2012 and 2017 with revenue of $303 billion, by 2017. The pain management devices market is expected to grow at a respectable rate. Pain management has gained significance over the last few years as it eases the sufferings of patients, which is the key driver for the market growth. For example, tech giant Google has entered the pain management market to develop smart contact lenses to monitor glucose levels in diabetic patients. This will save the patients from the pain of pricking their fingers for blood glucose test.
However, the side-effects of pain management devices are the key restraint for the growth of the market. Skin hypersensitivity, hyper pigmentation and skin redness are some of the common side-effects caused by use of pain management devices. Additionally, there are some under-treatment pain management issues for chronic diseases such as cancer that prove to be a challenge for the key players. Research and development is underway to overcome this challenge.
Some of the key players profiled in this report are Baxter International Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, DJO Global LLC, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Smiths Medical, Medtronic, Inc., St. Jude Medical, Inc., Codman And Shurtleff, Inc, Stryker Corporation and Hospira Inc.
• The in-depth analysis provides market intelligence with respect to segments based on types, applications and geographies to enable precise decision making
• The detailed analysis of the impact of top factors impacting the growth of the market for the short and medium term
• Value chain analysis provides key inputs on the role of all stakeholders of the market
• Porter’s five force analysis provides the potency of suppliers & buyers, threat of new entrants & substitutes along with competitive scenario of the market
• SWOT analysis and recent developments of key players are included in the report so that companies can understand the strategies adopted by competitors and make required changes to their plans
• Estimations are calculated according to the current market scenario and projected future trends for the analysis period of 2013-2020 with base revenue of 2012
• The report discusses the trends and opportunities in various geographies so that companies can make region specific plans to gain competitive advantage
KEY MARKETS SEGMENTS
• Electrical Stimulators
• Analgesic Pumps
• Intrathecal pumps
• External pumps
• Radiofrequency Ablation Devices
• Spinal Cord Stimulators (SPS)
• Sacral Nerve Stimulators (SNS)
• Deep Brain Stimulators (DBS)
• Cancer Pain
• Neuropathic Pain
• Facial & Migraine Pain
• Musculoskeletal Pain
• North America
• Rest of the World (RoW)
• Medical devices manufacturing companies
• Academic and research organizations
SIMILAR MARKET STUDIES
Glucose Meter is a medical device for determining the approximate concentration of glucose in the blood. It can also be a strip of glucose paper dipped into a substance and measured to the glucose chart. It is a key element of home blood glucose monitoring (HBGM) by people with diabetes ...
September 2017 | $4880 | View Details >>
This report studies the Pet Insurance market, Pet insurance is a type of specialty property and casualty insurance policy that pet owners purchase to cover the unintended costs that arise in providing care for a pet, including veterinary services such as surgical procedures, injuries from accidents, and prescribed pet medicines. ...
September 2017 | $4880 | View Details >>
Geographically, this report is segmented into several key Regions, with production, consumption, revenue, market share and growth rate of Biofeedback Instrument in these regions, from 2012 to 2022 (forecast), covering North America Europe China Asia (Ex. China) RoW The major players in global Biofeedback Instrument market include Thought Technology Ltd Laborie Qxsubspace Vishee Quantum World Vision BrainMaster Technologies, Inc. Mind Media NeuroCare Allengers Medical Systems ELMIKO NCC ...
September 2017 | $2900 | View Details >>
This report studies the Irreversible Electroporation Ablators market status and outlook of global and major regions, from angles of players, regions, product types and end industries; this report analyzes the top players in global and major regions, and splits the Irreversible Electroporation Ablators market by product type and applications/end industries. The ...
September 2017 | $4000 | View Details >>
UPCOMING MARKET RESEARCH REPORTS
2017 © Copyright Big Market Research