The telecom services revenue in Niger is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.6% during 2016-2021, driven by growth in fixed Internet and mobile data revenue. Mobile voice will continue to be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2016 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.0% during 2016-2021. Mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment in the telecom market, mainly driven by operators' investments in network expansions and value-added service offerings such as mobile money services to stimulate data adoption. Going forward, operators plan to invest in network expansion, infrastructure development and rollout of fiber services, which will provide significant opportunities for vendors and investors to support operator initiatives.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Niger will grow at a CAGR of 3.6% during 2016-2021, mainly driven by the growth in the data segment.
- Mobile revenue will account for 89.0% of the total telecom revenue in 2021; mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment over 2016-2021.
- 2G will be the most adopted mobile technology through 2021. However, its share in the overall mobile subscriber base will decline over the forecast period 2016-2021, owing to the adoption of 3G and 4G services in the coming years.
- The top two operators, Airtel Niger and Orange Niger, account nearly 78.2% share of overall service revenue in 2016.
- Operators will continue to invest in 3G network expansion and improving network infrastructure and fiber optic deployments to boost connectivity. Moreover, mobile money services will be a key revenue of source for the operators.
"Niger: 3G Expansion, Fiber Deployment and Mobile Money to Boost Data Revenue Growth," a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Niger today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Niger compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Niger.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Niger's telecommunications markets.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Niger's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Niger's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Niger's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Niger.