New Cars in North America
New Cars in North America industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the North America new cars market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The new cars market consists of the initial retail sale/registration of new passenger cars. Passenger cars include saloons, hatchbacks, SUVs, 4x4s and other related vehicles. The market value is calculated at retail selling price (RSP) and the market volume is given in terms of units sold. Market shares consist of motor manufacturing groups as opposed to their individual brands, i.e. for the Volkswagen Group this includes all of its brands such as Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat etc. Any currency conversions used in this report have been calculated at constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The North American new cars market had total revenues of $260,265.1m in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.8% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volumes declined with a CARC of -0.1% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 8,599.7 thousand units in 2016.
- The growth trend of the North American market has been mainly driven by the performance of the US and Canadian markets where demand has declined recently due to economic uncertainty which has eroded consumer confidence and consumption. In contrast, the Mexican market has been surging in recent years, fuelled by the rising income of its population, but this impact is still limited considering that it currently accounts for approximately 5.4% of the North American market. However, in the future, demand is forecast to recover, spurred by a slight recovery of demand in the US market and the growing impact of the emerging Mexican market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the new cars market in North America
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the new cars market in North America
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key new cars market players global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the North America new cars market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the North America new cars market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the North America new cars market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the North America new cars market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in North America's new cars market?