New Cars in Europe
New Cars in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Europe new cars market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The new cars market consists of the initial retail sale/registration of new passenger cars. Passenger cars include saloons, hatchbacks, SUVs, 4x4s and other related vehicles. The market value is calculated at retail selling price (RSP) and the market volume is given in terms of units sold. Market shares consist of motor manufacturing groups as opposed to their individual brands, i.e. for the Volkswagen Group this includes all of its brands such as Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat etc. Any currency conversions used in this report have been calculated at constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The European new cars market had total revenues of $459,146.5m in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.1% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 1.7% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 16,574.9 thousand units in 2016.
- Improving macroeconomic conditions in most European countries has driven the growth of the market in recent years. Germany, the UK and France, which collectively account for 54.3% of the European market, have witnessed increasing demand for new cars amid improved consumer confidence and the low cost of credit. Similarly, thanks to stimulating regulation adjustments, the strong growth of the significantly sized Italian and Spanish markets were key-contributors to the performance of the market as a whole. The emergence of the Polish and Czech markets, which have grown at double-digit rates, also shaped this outcome.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the new cars market in Europe
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the new cars market in Europe
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key new cars market players global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Europe new cars market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Europe new cars market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Europe new cars market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Europe new cars market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Europe's new cars market?