'Mobile Payments in Latin America: Regulation and Collaborative Service Models Drive Growth' report by Pyramid Research provides overview of the mobile payments market in Latin America. It examines various mobile payments service models, ecosystem and value-chain and widely adopted mobile wallet technologies in Latin America.
- The mobile payment systems are more popular in the LATAM countries with established national initiatives financial inclusion and well-defined regulatory framework to promote the entry of non-bank services in Latin America.
- Operators are actively looking to take advantage of cross-sector collaboration to promote m-payments in LATAM.
- Operator-led mobile payment business model are more popular in smaller markets with large unbanked population, whereas collaborative models are more prominent in markets with strong financial sectors.
- Operators are focusing on offering affordable and simplified services to boost the demand for mobile payment services among customers. Telcos will focus on interoperability aspect as key service differentiator.
- The mobile payments market in Latin America have evolved gradually driven by country specific national initiatives and regulatory reforms to foster financial inclusion and promote the entry of non-banking services in the country. Telcos are evolving their mobile payment services from basic remote payments to full payment services including remote payments, m-POS, m-commerce and NFC. In Latin America cross-sector collaborative mobile payment business models are more popular and telcos are emphasizing on partnerships across private and government sectors to drive innovation and offer simplified and affordable mobile payment services with interoperability being the key service differentiator for telcos.
The Insider report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Introduction: This section presents taxonomy of mobile payment services to provide a conceptual structure for the analysis, taking the perspective of mobile operators.
- Market context: This section examines the LATAM mobile payment market analysis, mobile payment service drivers and inhibitors, technology enablers and regulations pertaining to mobile payment services in Latin America.
- Case studies: The report examines three leading countries in mobile payment services in the region in more detail: Brazil, Peru, and Colombia. These studies focus on country-specific analysis of regulation, service evolution and business models in the mobile payment services market
- Key findings and recommendations: The Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for mobile payment ecosystem players, MNOs and regulators.
Reasons To Buy
- Provides an overview of the product and service portfolio being offered by telcos/banks in LATAM to enable new entrants' to align their product offerings.
- Gain in-depth understanding about the different mobile payment technologies and service model adopted in various countries in LATAM and identify the opportunities offered by each of them.
- Helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the regulatory framework for mobile payments and market development and initiatives taken by each mobile payment market stakeholders.
- The report will also help the companies to make strategic decisions based on in-depth analysis of various market drivers and inhibitors and technology -enablers for mobile payment services in LATAM.
- Contains case studies highlighting the mobile payment service offerings across different countries in the region, including the service evolution and country specific regulatory reforms for financial inclusion.
- By understanding the interests and positions of the main stakeholders in the mobile payment market - MNOs, banks, end users, regulators, payment gateway providers and ISPs- banking and telecom professionals/operators can develop strategies and increase their participation in the mobile payments market.