The expansion of the global medical device industry is forecast to reach 6.2% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2007 and 2013 the market increased with an average annual growth of 7.0%. Currently, electro-diagnostic devices account for 12.7 % of the global demand while the remaining market share is divided between orthopaedic and fracture devices (7.9%), X-ray devices (3.8%), therapeutic respiration devices (3.4%), syringes and needles (3.4%), pacemakers (2.7%), dental devices and instruments (2.4%), medical furniture (2.2%), mechano-therapy and psychological aptitude-test devices (2.2%), ophthalmic devices and instruments (2.2%), computed tomography devices (2.2%), hearing aids (1.8%), dental fittings (1.4%), parts and accessories for medical devices (4.4%), and other medical devices (47.3%).
China, Germany, Italy, Japan, and the United States represent the largest medical device markets while the strongest annual growth is forecast to occur in Greece (14.8%), Macedonia (12.4%), Sri Lanka (12.3%), Kazakhstan (11.7%), and Bolivia (11.1%).
This industry report package offers the most up-to-date market data on the actual market situation, trends, and future outlook for medical devices in the world. Along with a global medical device market report the package includes country reports from the following countries:
Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bolivia, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam
The reports include historic market data from 2007 to 2013 and forecasts until 2018 which makes the reports an invaluable resource for industry executives, marketing, sales and product managers, analysts, and other people looking for key industry data in readily accessible and clearly presented tables and graphs.
The latest market data for this research include:
- Overall medical device market size, 2007-2018
- Medical device market size by product segment, 2007-2018
- Growth rates of the overall medical device market and different product segments, 2007-2018
- Shares of different product segments of the overall medical device market, 2007, 2013 and 2018
- Market Potential Rates of the overall medical device market and different product segments
The product segments analyzed in the data reports include:
Magnetic resonance imaging devices
Ultrasonic scanning devices
Other electro-diagnostic devices
Medical and surgical sterilizers
Needles for sutures and tubular metal needles
Ultra-violet and infra-red ray devices
Breathing devices and gas masks
Mechano-therapy and psychological aptitude-test devices
Therapeutic respiration devices
Ophthalmic devices and instruments
Dental drill engines
Other dental devices and instruments
Other dental fittings
Other orthopaedic and fracture devices
Computed tomography devices
Dental X-ray devices
Medical X-ray devices
Other medical furniture
Alpha, beta and gamma radiation devices
Parts and accessories for medical devices
Other medical devices
The reports answer the following questions:
- What is the current size of the medical device market in the world and in different countries?
- How is the medical device market divided into different product segments?
- How are the overall market and different product segments growing?
- How is the market predicted to develop in the future?
- What is the market potential compared to other countries?
Among the key reasons to purchase include the following:
- Gain an outlook of the historic development, current market situation, trends, and future outlook of the medical device market in the world to 2018
- Track industry trends and identify market opportunities
- Plan and develop marketing, market-entry, market expansion, and other business strategies by identifying the key market trends and prospects
- Save time and money with the readily accessible key market data included in the report. The market data is clearly presented and can be easily incorporated into presentations, internal reports, etc.
The industry data reports are produced utilizing the standard methodology of Global Research & Data Services by applying, analyzing, and combining a wide range of sources and in-house analysis.