[Pyramid Research estimates the telecom service revenue in Malaysia to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% during 2016-2021, primarily driven by growth in fixed and mobile data revenue. Mobile data and fixed broadband will be the fastest-growing segments, along with VoIP. To offset the decline in traditional fixed and mobile voice and messaging revenue, operators are focusing on boosting fixed broadband uptake through bundled offerings and mobile data via mobile broadband and data-intensive services. The ongoing investment in mobile and fixed network expansion will enable operators to capture the growing demand for data services. Vendors will have significant opportunities to leverage upon by supporting operators' initiatives of network expansion, rollout of 4G networks and deployment of high-speed network solutions.]
-The overall telecom service revenue in Malaysia is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% during 2016-2021, mainly driven by data segments (mobile and fixed). Mobile revenue will account for majority of the total telecom revenue in 2021, and mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment over 2016-2021.
-We expect the contribution of mobile data to reach 50.2% of mobile services revenue by 2021, driven by smartphone proliferation and adoption of 4G services.
-The Malaysian telecom market will be led by Maxis over 2016-2021. Operators will continue to invest in mobile and fixed networks to compete effectively in the market.
Malaysia: Government's National Broadband Plan and 4G and Fiber Expansion to Drive Broadband Growth "provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Malaysia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Malaysian telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Malaysia compared with other countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Malaysia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Malaysia's telecommunications market.
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Malaysia, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Malaysia's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Malaysia.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Malaysia.