The expansion of the global lens industry is forecast to reach 4.4% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2007 and 2013 the market increased with an average annual growth of 1.6%. Currently, spectacle lenses of other material than glass accounts for 51% of the global demand while the remaining market share is divided between contact lenses (45.1%), and spectacle lenses of glass (3.9%).
France, Germany, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and the United States represent the largest lens markets while the strongest annual growth is forecast to occur in Greece (18.5%), Sri Lanka (17.7%), Kyrgyzstan (16.9%), Kazakhstan (16.4%), and Lithuania (15.9%).
The industry report package Lens Markets in the World to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date market data on the actual market situation, trends, and future outlook for lenses in the world. Along with a global lens market report the package includes country reports from the following countries:
Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Senegal, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam
The reports include historic market data from 2007 to 2013 and forecasts until 2018 which makes the reports an invaluable resource for industry executives, marketing, sales and product managers, analysts, and other people looking for key industry data in readily accessible and clearly presented tables and graphs.
The latest market data for this research include:
- Overall lens market size in the world and in different countries, 2007-2018
- Market size of contact lenses in the world and in different countries, 2007-2018
- Market size of spectacle lenses of glass in the world and in different countries, 2007-2018
- Market size of other spectacle lenses in the world and in different countries, 2007-2018
- Growth rates of the overall lens market and different product segments in the world and in different countries, 2007-2018
- Shares of different product segments of the overall lens market in the world and in different countries, 2007, 2013 and 2018
- Market Potential Rates of the overall lens market and different product segments in the world and in different countries
The product segments analyzed in the data reports include:
Spectacle lenses of glass
Other spectacle lenses
The reports answer the following questions:
- What is the current size of the lens market in the world and in different countries?
- How is the lens market divided into different product segments?
- How are the overall market and different product segments growing?
- How is the market predicted to develop in the future?
- What is the market potential in different countries?
Among the key reasons to purchase include the following:
- Gain an outlook of the historic development, current market situation, trends, and future outlook of the lens market in the world and in different countries to 2018
- Track industry trends and identify market opportunities
- Plan and develop marketing, market-entry, market expansion, and other business strategies by identifying the key market trends and prospects
- Save time and money with the readily accessible key market data included in the report. The market data is clearly presented and can be easily incorporated into presentations, internal reports, etc.
The industry data reports are produced utilizing the standard methodology of Global Research & Data Services by applying, analyzing, and combining a wide range of sources and in-house analysis.