'Kuwait: Increased governance to improve competitive climate in the long-run,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Kuwait mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Kuwaiti market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- Kuwait's telecom market generated $2.5bn in service revenue in 2013, and we estimate that revenue will increase 1.6%, to $2.6bn in 2014. The mobile voice and data segments accounted for 91.6% of total revenue in 2013, while the fixed voice and Internet markets accounted for a combined 8.4%. We expect the overall market to grow at a stable 2.8% CAGR from 2014 to 2019, reaching a total size of $2.9bn by 2019.
- On the regulatory front, 2014 has been a significant year. In March 2014, the National Assembly passed landmark telecommunications legislation for the creation of an independent sectoral regulator called the Telecommunications Regulation Commission (TRC). This potentially paves the way for further privatization of the telecom sector, characterized by a fully nationalized fixed sector.
- Operator revenues continue to be under pressure with intensified competition. Ooredoo and Viva will continue to observe share gains buoyed by their promotional offerings, with which Ooredoo has been slightly more successful. Meanwhile, Zain's share will decline as brand loyalty diminishes. Ensuring efficient usage of 4G infrastructure is vital for all players in order to sustain operational and financial growth rates.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Kuwait today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Kuwait's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Kuwait compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Kuwait.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice and data from 2014 to 2019.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Kuwait's telecommunications markets.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Kuwait's markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Kuwait's mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Kuwait's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Kuwait.