The telecommunications market in Kenya will generate service revenue of $2.3bn in 2016. Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a steady rate over 2016-2021. Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities in the fixed and mobile data segments by improving and upgrading their existing networks.
Infrastructure and network vendors can partner with operators to support operators in their network upgrades and expansion.
-The overall telecom service revenue in Kenya is expected to generate $2.3bn in 2016 and is estimated to grow at a gradual rate over 2016-2021.
-Mobile services are expected to dominate Kenya's telecom market in 2016.
-The top two operators in Kenya, Safaricom and Airtel, are estimated to account for the majority of total telecom service revenue in 2016.
Kenya: Expansion of 3G, 4G and the Continued Growth of Mobile Money Services to Drive Overall Revenue Growth provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Kenya today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Kenya's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases. The Country
Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
-Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Kenya compared with other countries in Africa and Middle East region.
-Economic, demographic and political context in Kenya.
-The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
-A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data.
-Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2021.
-The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
-In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
-Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Kenya's telecommunications market.
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Kenya, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Kenya's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Kenya.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Kenya.