Italy - Telecommunication Services: Mature Market Focusing on Innovation (Strategy, Performance and Risk Analysis)
Italy was the fourth-largest European economy in terms of GDP in 2016; however, difficulties in securing loans and capital have impacted the business environment. This is due to risks arising from political instability, high sovereign debt, non-performing assets and an inefficient labor market impacting business confidence. The Italian ultra-broadband strategy for next-generation connectivity will develop a high-speed access network that covers 85% of the population, with infrastructure capable of assuring speeds above 100Mbps for at least 50% of users and above 30Mbps for all by 2020.
MarketLines Premium industry reports provide a comprehensive market view including sections on: industry risk & reward, key industry trends and drivers, industry SWOT analysis, industry benchmarking to compare key performance indicators with regional and global markets, competitive landscape, and innovation.
Internet subscriptions to record growth
Fixed internet is popular in Italy due to the high-speed network access offered by broadband services. Several initiatives, such as fiber optics to the home (FTTH), will cause the number of broadband subscriptions to rise from 15.6 million in 2016 to 19.2 million in 2021.
Innovations driving subscription growth and revenue
An increase in innovation is driving subscription growth and revenues. Operators are focusing on launching innovative technologies and services to improve customer satisfaction. Developments in smartphone technology increased mobile service adoption rates and allowed operators to offer high-speed internet services; Telecom Italia completed a field trial of 5G in Turin. In 2016, mobile revenue accounted for twice that of fixed-line revenue, a larger portion being contributed by data services. Total mobile subscriptions, which stood at 91 million in 2016, will reach 96 million in 2021.
Growing data users will fuel innovation in mobile segment
All mobile operators are planning to shift from the current UMTS to LTE technology to offer 4G and 5G services. In an attempt to expand and upgrade its network, Telecom Personal has initiated 5G for Italy trails in partnership with Telecom Italia and Ericsson, and fielded 5G LTE services in Turin.
- Risk/Reward Index - enables you to assess the risks and potential rewards of investing in the Italy Telecommunications market in comparison with other European countries.
- Industry Snapshot and Industry View - Key Telecommunications Industry Statistics including fixed/mobile revenue, subscriptions, churn, market share, and ARPS are analyzed to reveal the key issues and trends driving market performance in the Italy Telecommunications market.
- Industry SWOT Analysis - Discover the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats impacting market performance and investment in the Italy Telecommunications market.
- Industry Benchmarking - Benchmark how the Italy Telecommunications market is performing compared to regional and global markets in terms of fixed or mobile revenue, subscriptions, ARPS, penetration, and usage to gauge potential for growth or market entry.
- Competitive Landscape - Analyze and compare the performance of the leading players in the Italy Telecommunications market by business segment on metrics such as such as churn, ARPU, and subscriber and revenue growth.
Reasons to buy
- Have technological advances drastically changed the face of the Telecommunications industry?
- How is the market performing in terms of: Revenues, Subscribers, ARPU, and Customer Churn?
- How risky is it to invest in the Italy Telecommunications industry compared to other European countries?
- What is driving the performance of key industry segments such as Voice, Data, Prepaid, Postpaid, Broadband, and IPTV?
- Who are the leading players in the Italy Telecommunications industry and how does their performance compare?
- What trends are being witnessed within the Italy Telecommunications industry?
- How will the breakdown for mobile connection technologies look by 2021?
- What are the Italy Telecommunications industrys Strengths and Weaknesses and what Opportunities and Threats does it face?
- How has the financial deals landscape changed in 2015 and 2016?