India will be the third largest telecom services market in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region in 2016. Pyramid Research estimates telecom services revenue to grow at a CAGR of 3.3% during 2016-2021, primarily driven by the growth in fixed and mobile data revenue. Mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment with a CAGR of 13.6% over the 2016-2021 period, owing to the launch and expansion of 4G and increased adoption of smartphones. In addition, ongoing investment in mobile network rollout and expansion will enable operators to monetize the growing demand of data services.
-The overall telecom services revenue in India is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.3% during 2016-2021, mainly driven by data segments (mobile and fixed).
-Mobile revenue will account for 82.7% of total telecom revenue in 2021, and mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment over 2016-2021.
-Whilst majority of the subscribers are still using 2G, we expect the contribution of mobile data to mobile services revenue to rise strongly; driven by smartphones proliferation and availability of 4G services (aided by the release of more spectrum by the regulator).
-Bharti Airtel will continue to be the leading operator over 2016-2021. Operators will continue to invest in mobile and fixed networks to compete effectively in the market.
4G, Fiber Network Expansion and Spectrum Auction to Drive Telecom Growth provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in India today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Indian telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in India compared with other countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in India.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in India's telecommunications market.
-Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in India, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
-Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in India mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customers' demand.
-Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in India.
-Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
-Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in India.