"Guatemala: Long-Awaited 4G/LTE Spectrum Allocation will Drive Growth in Data Services Market," a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Guatemala's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Guatemalan market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- In 2016, Guatemala will be the largest telecom services market in Central America, with estimated revenue of $2.9bn. Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a 0.7% CAGR from 2016 to 2021.
- Mobile data represents a significant growth opportunity for operators to offset the slowing rise of net additions and pricing pressures. Additionally the upcoming spectrum auctions in 900MHz and AWS spectrum bands expected for H1 2017 will drive operators to increase investments in upgrading their 4G/LTE infrastructures.
- The top three operators, Tigo, Claro and Movistar, will account for 93.0% of overall service revenue in 2016. While the incumbent Claro is the market leader in the fixed voice and Internet segments, the mobile segment is led by Tigo.
- The number of 3G and 4G subscriptions will surpass 2G in 2017, driven by increasing adoption of mobile data plans and continued expansion of 3G/4G coverage.
"Guatemala: Long-Awaited 4G/LTE Spectrum Allocation Will Drive Growth in Data Services Market," a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Guatemala today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Guatemala compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Guatemala.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Guatemala's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Guatemala's telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Guatemala's mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Guatemala's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Guatemala.