The global Bakery and Cereals market in 2015 was valued at US$476.8 billion and is expected to register growth at a CAGR of 2.6% to reach US$541.2 billion by 2020. Western Europe is the largest region, accounting for 28.7% value share in 2015 while Asia Pacific will be the fastest growing region at a CAGR of 6.9% during 2015-2020. Out of 50 countries analyzed, the top ten countries accounted for 57.4% of value share and 52.9% of volume share in 2015. Furthermore, the global Bakery and Cereals market is highly fragmented with the top five brands holding just 5.4% of the combined market value share in 2015.
- Large young population base and changing eating patterns of consumers in the developing countries will drive global Bakery and Cereals market
- Innovation, time scarcity and product differentiation in the form of reformulated products with healthy and high quality ingredients will drive the consumption levels in developed countries
- In the Asia-Pacific region, India, China, and Japan are the largest markets for Bakery and Cereals products in value terms
- The Morning Goods category has the highest market share for private label products in the global Bakery and Cereals market
- Quaker is one of the leading brands of Breakfast Cereals in most of the regions
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the global Bakery and Cereals market, accounting for nearly half of the market share in 2015
- Flexible Packaging is forecast to register the fastest growth among packaging materials during 2015-2020
Canadean's Global report on the Bakery and Cereals market provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- More extensive brand coverage: The report provides more extensive brand share coverage. Brand share data is also validated by inputs from industry experts.
- Distribution channel: The Distribution data included in the report covers 11 distribution channels including Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Food and Drinks Specialists, Department Stores, Cash and Carries and Warehouse Clubs, Dollar Stores and Variety Stores and General Merchandise Retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal, and others; container data for: Film, Bag/Sachet, Wrapper, and others
- Country Analysis: Trend analysis for leading high potential countries
- Recommendations for manufacturers on key Bakery and Cereals categories - Bread and Rolls, Breakfast Cereals, Baking Ingredients, Baking Mixes, Cakes, Pastries and Sweet Pies, Cereal Bars, Cookies(Sweet Biscuits), Dough Products, Energy Bars, Morning Goods and Savory Biscuits on parameters including Formulation, Positioning, Packaging, Occasion, Consumer Targets, and Key Segments
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Bakery and Cereals products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market with Case Examples/Success Stories
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion