Global and Regional Mega-Trends: Understanding Consumer Attitudes and Behaviors in Value examines how attitudes to value when buying groceries are changing and the impact this is having on shopping habits and levels of loyalty towards both brands and retailers. The report examines new ways in which manufacturers can look to provide maximum value added for consumers as they become fatigued of traditional pricing and promotional strategies
- Customer loyalty is declining when it comes to brands and retailers. Relying on traits such as tradition and trust is no longer enough and instead the industry needs to look for new ways to capture consumer attention and loyalty
- Traditional promotional techniques are failing to resonate with consumers, and manufacturers need to look for more innovative ways to target shoppers, such as using Smartphones to offer more personalized promotional offerings
- Branded manufacturers need to work out new and innovative ways to stave off the threat of private label as quality perceptions improve, whilst store-own manufacturers need to continue to evolve private label portfolios to target consumers more effectively
This report analyses changing attitudes to value when it comes to shopping behavior and how brand and retail loyalty is declining as consumers search for better deals. The report examines how manufacturers are operating in a new era of frugal behavior and what needs to be done to target consumers :
- Exclusive analysis of a 48 country attitudes and behavior survey, presented to ensure that the content is applied and relevant to stake-holders across the supply-chain.
- Analysis of key attitude and behaviors influencing consumption patterns and recommendations of how best to target such consumption occasions.
- Regional comparisons granting unique insight into varying regional and country attitudes to value.
- Detailed matrixes exploring key recommendations for manufactures from a product, targeting and retail perspective; broken down by Food, Soft Drinks, Alcoholic Drinks, and Cosmetics and Toiletries.
Reasons To Buy
- Help formulate strategies that enhance customer loyalty at the brand and retail level by understanding what genuinely increases perceptions of maximum value
- Determine new and innovative ways to target consumers via promotional incentives that will encourage impulse purchasing, particularly as current methods are becoming increasingly less effective with consumers
- Develop strategies to either stave off the threat of private label or help continue to improve favorable perceptions in the eyes of the consumer
- Develop strategies that offer maximum value added for consumers but not at the expense of damaging any premium credentials