Consumer lifestages are rapidly evolving as gender stereotypes evolve, with many women leaving behind traditional household duties and men showing a growing interest in personal care. Increasing numbers of young adults are also choosing to delay responsibilities such as marriage and children until later life; whilst several older consumers seek to defy their age and remain young in both attitude and appearance.
- Consumers globally express concerns regarding different health issues, such as heart and bone health. These concerns are magnified as people witness aging populations and see the problems their grandparents and older generations face as they age, as well as diets evolving to be increasingly unhealthy. The effect of this is many people looking to natural and organic products in order to remain healthier
- Different age-groups and genders view value differently. Younger consumers and women are often seeking out value via low prices, and express this in their growing preference for shopping at discounters; however, men and older consumers are confident in their ability to treat themselves and look for added value to secure the most indulgent and beneficial products
- Younger consumers globally are seeking new experiences through their consumption, be it through hot and spicy flavours or an exotic twist. These consumers are increasingly demanding and on the lookout for something stand-out at all times
Canadean's Global and Regional Mega-Trends: Understanding Consumer Attitudes and Behaviors in Changing Lifestages report is a comprehensive analysis of global attitudes in the food, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, and personal care categories. The report details current and future expectations of behavior derived from the survey responses of 52,000 global consumers in 48 countries. As well as highlighting opportunities in new product development, there is also insight on positioning and retail strategy, and analysis of consumer profiling and targeting.
What else does this report offer?
- An investigation of the Changing Lifestages consumer trends and how they are presenting themselves on a global, regional, and country basis
- Key attitudes and behaviors influencing consumption patterns globally
- Proposals on how you should best target these global consumption patterns
- Detailed comparisons that provide insight into regional and country attitudes towards Changing Lifestages
- Key recommendations for manufacturers from product, targeting, and retail perspectives as they are reflected in the four main categories of food, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, and personal care
- Manufacturers can design their products to meet the most pressing needs of today's consumer by understanding consumers attitudes and behaviors as captured in a unique 2015 consumer survey
- Improve product targeting to different consumer groups through understanding how consumer opinions and perceptions are changing on topics such as health, quality and value, by age and gender
- Quickly pinpoint the best opportunities for products as data is presented in a highly visual and engaging style
- Stay ahead of competitors and know what consumers want next with recommended actions which clearly identify how to successfully adapt product strategies to the latest trends
- Regional and local survey data from across 48 countries helps brands to meet the needs of their specific market, as well as highlighting new countries for expansion