The telecommunications market in Germany will generate service revenue of $48.9bn (44.7bn) in 2016. Telecom services revenue will grow at a CAGR of 0.5% in local currency over 2016-2021, mainly due to Deutsche Telekom's (DT) migration of circuit-switched lines to IP technology. Mobile data will be the largest contributor to overall service revenue in 2016, accounting for 26% of total revenue. During 2016-2021, mobile data will witness CAGR of 5.7% in local currency, owing to rising LTE adoption, growth in mobile data usage and M2M revenue. Fixed VoIP will record a strong CAGR of 13.9% over 2016-2021, while fixed broadband and pay-TV will register CAGRs of 3.1% and 4.8%, respectively, during the same period. Operators should seize opportunities in FMC, data and video services, and IoT/M2M. LTE expansion and investments in fiber deployments by operators will present opportunities for vendors and investors.
-The overall telecom service revenue in Germany is estimated to increase by 2.1% over 2016-2021 to reach $48.9bn in 2016. The telecommunications market in Germany will see service revenue growth boosted by mobile data, fixed VoIP and fixed broadband segments.
-Mobile revenue will account for 48.0% of the total telecom market in 2016. Mobile data will be an important driver of this trend, as it will expand at a 7.3% CAGR from 2016 to 2021, driven by growth in the adoption of LTE services and M2M revenue.
-We expect the contribution of Internet access to fixed services revenue will increase from 52.0% in 2016 to 59.4% in 2021.
-The telecom market in Germany will be controlled by two operators - Deutsche Telekom and Vodafone Germany. Operators are focusing on quad-play bundled packages and integrated (FMC) service offerings to strengthen their position in the telecom market.
Germany: Mobile Data Up-Selling to Drive Revenue and Offset Losses from Switch-Off of Circuit-Switched Lines provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Germany today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Germany's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Germany compared with other countries in the Western European region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Germany.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Germany's telecommunications market.
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Germany, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Germany's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Germany.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Germany.