The telecommunications market in France will generate service revenue of $36.8bn (33.6bn) in 2016. The telecom services revenue will grow at a CAGR of 1.9% in local currency over 2016-2021, driven by the growth in fixed and mobile data segment revenue. Mobile data will be the largest contributor to overall service revenue in 2016, accounting for 28.6% of the total revenue, followed by fixed broadband (28.3%). Mobile data will record a CAGR of 9.0% in local currency over 2016-2021, driven by rising LTE adoption, growth in mobile data and M2M revenue. Fixed broadband will record a CAGR of 4.4% in euro terms during the same period. FTTH/B and LTE expansion by operators, FMC and M2M/IoT will present opportunities for vendors and investors.
-The overall telecom services revenue in France is estimated to generate $36.8bn (33.6bn) in 2016 (down by 1.2% over 2015) and is estimated to reach $43.5bn (36.8bn) in 2021.
-The telecommunications market in France will see service revenue growth boosted by mobile data and fixed broadband segments.
-Mobile revenue will account for 54.2% of the total telecom market in 2016. Mobile data will be an important driver of this trend, as it will expand at a 4.7% CAGR from 2016 to 2021 driven by growth in the adoption of LTE, growth in data and M2M revenue.
-We expect the contribution of Internet access to fixed services revenue will increase from 73.9% in 2016 to 86.2% in 2021.
-The telecom market in France will be controlled by two operators - Orange France and Numericable-SFR. Operators are focusing on quad-play bundled packages, data-intensive bundles and FMC offerings to strengthen their position in the telecom market.
France: Higher-Speed Broadband and LTE to Stabilize ARPU and Contribute to Telecom Market Revenue Growth provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in France today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into French telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in France compared with other countries in the Western European region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in France.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in France's telecommunications market.
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in France, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in France's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in France.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in France.