This ForeSights report was compiled according to Canadean's ForeSights methodology, which aims to identify new concepts that could influence consumer trends or have a future commercial application in consumer packaged goods.
- Consider emerging opportunities and threats in the consumer packaged goods market and gain insight into potential future consumer behavior.
- Identify interesting new and emerging concepts, products, and ideas on offer in retail, foodservice, online spaces, and beyond.
- Understand how new concepts and ideas fit into - or challenge - current consumer trends.
- Gain insight and inspiration for innovation programs and new product development.
- Subscription snack boxes have become a flash point for subscription products. How do food makers keep the concept fresh for consumers over time?
- Snack box makers say that they are aiming to be the "Netflix of snacks." What demographic are these services primarily targeted toward?
- "Curated choice" is helping drive the trend toward subscription retail. What is "curated choice" and why is it fueling subscription retail?
- How are retailers beginning to experiment with the subscription retail concept?
- Satisfaction with shopping tends to decline with age. What other factors are driving subscription retail?
The most difficult task that most consumer goods face is gaining retail shelf space. The new subscription retail model avoids this issue entirely, bypassing retailers to sell and ship products directly to consumers on a regular basis. Lacking traditional barriers to entry, this retailing model has significant innovation potential.