Food pouches are squeezable packs of ready-to-eat liquidized ingredients, which have gained significant popularity in recent years in the baby and toddler market as a more convenient format than traditional jar food. As consumers increasingly seek convenient food formats, there is significant potential for the baby food pouch to cross into the adult market.
- Consider emerging opportunities and threats in the consumer packaged goods market and gain insight into potential future consumer behavior.
- Identify interesting new and emerging concepts, products, and ideas on offer in retail, foodservice, online spaces, and beyond.
- Understand how new concepts and ideas fit in to - or challenge - current consumer trends.
- Gain insight and inspiration for innovation programs and new product development.
- What opportunities does adult baby food present for the CPG industry?
- What challenges does the application of adult baby food pose to CPG manufacturers?
- What does adult baby food tell me about potential developments in consumer behavior?
The pouch format is highly convenient, making it ideal for on-the-go and sports consumers who require a fast, mess-free, and portable snack.
Social acceptance is a barrier that needs to be overcome for the pouch food trend to take off in the adult market.