Flip chip is the technique for interconnecting semiconductor devices, such as IC chips, to external circuitry with solder bumps that have been dumped onto the chip pads. Flip chip is a semiconductor interconnecting device widely used in various electronic products such as PCs, medical devices and smartphones among others. Some of the major benefits of flip chip are increased packaging density, reduced size & thickness, lower cost, and improved performance of the chip, improved thermal capabilities, and improved reliability.
Major driving factors for flip chip technologies market is an emerging internet of things and flip chip is technologically superiorto the traditional wire bond electrical connection which is another driver for this market. However, large initial investment required for setting up new manufacturing plant and less availability of customization options are major restraining factors for this market. Increasing growth of demand of sensors in various electronics devices such as smart phones and personal computers is an opportunity factor for this market.
The flip chip technologies market is segmented into packaging technology, bumping technology, industry and geography. On the basis of packaging technology, the flip chip technologies market is segmented into 2D IC, 2.5D IC and 3D IC. On the basis of bumping technology, the market is segmented into copper pillar solder bumping, gold bumping and others. Moreover, On the basis of industry type, this market is segmented into automotive & transport, industrial, electronics, IT & telecommunications, healthcare and others.
The geographic segment includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW. The U.S., Mexico and Canada are covered under North America wherein Europe covers France, Germany, UK, Spain and rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific covers China, India, Japan, South Korea and Rest of Asia Pacific. Rest of the World (RoW) covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Major players for Flip Chip Technologies market are Samsung Electronics Co., ASE group, GlobalFoundries, Powertech Technology, UMC, Intel Corp, STATS ChipPAC, Amkor Technology, TSMCamong others.
The key takeaways from the report
• The report will provide detailed analysis of flip chip technologies market with respect to major segments such as packaging technology, bumping technology, industry of the market.
• The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2022 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2022.
• Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities.
• An exhaustive regional analysis of flip chip technologies market.
• Profile of key players of the flip chip technologies market, which include key financials, product & services and new developments.
Scope of Flip Chip Technologies Market
Packaging Technology Segments
• 2D IC
• 2.5D IC
• 3D IC
Bumping Technology Segments
• Copper pillar solder bumping,
• Gold bumping
Bumping Technology Segments
• Automotive & transport
• IT & telecommunications
• North America
o United Kingdom
o South Korea
o South America
o Middle East