The consumption of beer has declined as a result of a continuing lack of confidence in the economy, which has further led Finnish consumers to opt for cheaper imports from countries such as Estonia. Large modern retail outlets occupied the highest market shares, both by volume and by value. The channel accounted for 85% by volume and 55% by value, leaving the remainder to EDA. Metal packaging ruled supreme during 2015 accounting for 89% of total market share. Metal cans absorbed 77% of market volume and continued to grow. With a staggering economy and low disposable income, consumers reduced their on-premise beer consumption.
- The beer market in Finland declined 1% in 2015 and was dominated by lager that accounted for 98% of beer volume.
- The super premium beer segment was hit by the slowdown in economy, as consumers preferred cheaper options, such as discount or mainstream beers.
- Strong beers, which were once preferred by Finns, are gradually losing its momentum as more and more consumers are growing health conscious.
- The low alcohol beer segment saw a decline of 23% in 2015, as consumers switched to regular strength beers.
Canadean's Finland Beer Market Insights 2016 Report provides a complete overview of the Finland beer industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2011-2015 actual detailed beer consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
- Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
- 2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
- Details of key beer new product launches in 2015 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the beer market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the beer market
- Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Finland beer industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Finland beer market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Analyze domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyze the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new power point add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Finland beer market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects