Overall the Estonian beer market declined 2% in 2015 compared to 2014. The major reason behind the contraction was average weather during the key summer months and also declining population. Excise tax increase (up by 15% in 2015) also had negative impact to the beer market. Estonians were increasingly inclined towards off-premise beer consumption influenced by unfavorable economic conditions. The rise in prices further hampered on-premise consumption. Off-premise held 93% of beer volume with large modern retail chains dominating the share followed by discount channel.
- Across the overall alcoholic drinks, volume shrank 24 th hl, with beer attributable for the majority of this.
- Beer consumption declined by 2% due to the decline in population, along with an average summer and the increase in taxes.
- The Estonian beer market remains dominated by lager, which comprised 97% share. This segment saw a drop of 3% in 2015 commensurate with the decline of the entire market.
- Private Label brands saw an overall decline by 7% in 2015 as the price difference between Private Labels and branded products diminished as the excise duty increased.
- Metal cans and kegs market share grew by 1%. Cans were the most prominent pack type with 33cl, 56.8cl and 50cl sizes being the most popular ones.
Canadean's Estonia Beer Market Insights 2016 Report provides a complete overview of the Estonia beer industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2011-2015 actual detailed beer consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
- Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
- 2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
- Details of key beer new product launches in 2015 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the beer market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the beer market
- Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Estonia beer industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Estonia beer market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Analyze domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyze the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new power point add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Estonia beer market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects