The Egyptian telecom market will generate an estimated US$5.0bn of service revenue in 2015 and will grow at a CAGR of 3.4% over 2015-2020, driven by growth in mobile and fixed broadband. Proliferation of smartphones coupled with the operators focus on network enhancement will spur growth in the data segment. Telecom Egypts focus on expansion of its fiber-optic networks and the regulators plans to increase Internet penetration to 50% by year-end 2016 will boost the fixed broadband segment. The possible entry of Telecom Egypt into the mobile market, if the unified license is awarded by the regulator, will increase competition in the market. Pyramid Research expects Egypt to add about 0.2m pay-TV households over the next five years, supported by growth in the IPTV segment.
- In 2015, Egypt will generate estimated telecom revenue of $5.0bn or 1.7% of GDP, which is 4.2% lower than the previous year in US dollars due to local currency depreciation.
- Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue resume growth from 2016, growing at a CAGR of 3.4% over the 2015-2020 period in US dollar terms.
- The fixed/mobile revenue split will continue to be dominated by the mobile segment over the forecast period, accounting for 79.9% of total revenue in 2020.
- Mobile and fixed data will be a major growth driver; mobile data is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% during 2015-2020.
Egypt: Mobile and Fixed Data Will Drive Growth as New Licenses Expected in 2016 report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Egypt today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Egyptian telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Researchs databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Egypt compared with other countries in the Africa and Middle East region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Egypt.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the Egyptian telecommunication market.
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of Egypt telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Egypt communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of Egypt telecom market.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Egypt.