'Czech Republic: LTE Deployments and MVNOs to Drive Revenue Growth,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of the Czech Republic's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Czech market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- Mobile services in the Czech Republic reached a penetration rate of 139.6% at the end of 2013 and generated $2.8bn in revenue during the year.
- The total number of fixed access lines declined by 2.6% in 2013, for 3.9m lines, while revenue from fixed services, including voice and Internet access, dropped by 3.1% to $1.6bn, despite a growing broadband segment.
- Czech telecom revenue has been hurt by the regulator introducing a number of price caps over the past few years.
- Because of intense competition and regulatory pressures, operators are looking at expanding their service portfolios and offering converged services in order to drive revenue growth, including the booming MVNO market segment.
The report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in the Czech Republic today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2018. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Czech Republic's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- The Czech Republic in a regional context; a review of market size and trends compared with those of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in the Czech Republic.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- Demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data markets.
- Service evolution; a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed and mobile sectors and by voice and data in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and mobile data services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the Czech telecommunications markets.
- This Country Intelligence Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the Czech Republic's telecommunications markets based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on the telecom markets, with the mobile and fixed segments examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the Czech Republic's challenging telecommunications market.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Czech market to operators, vendors and investors.