The telecom services revenue is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 8.3% during 2016-2021, driven by growth in data revenue. Mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment in the telecom market. Going forward, operators plan to invest in network infrastructure and to roll out 4G services. Vendors will have significant opportunities to support operator initiatives to roll out 4G networks.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Cte d'Ivoire is estimated to generate $1.6bn in 2016 and will expand at a CAGR of 8.3% during 2016-2021, mainly driven by the growth of the data segment.
- Mobile revenue will account for 95.7% of the total telecom revenue in 2021; mobile data will be the fastest-growing segment over 2016-2021.
- 2G will be the most adopted mobile technology through 2021. However, its share in overall mobile subscriber base will decline, as customers will increasingly adopt high-speed 3G and 4G services in the coming years.
- The top two operators, Orange Cte d'Ivoire and MTN Cte d'Ivoire, account for nearly 79.9% share of overall service revenue in 2016.
- Operators in Cote d'Ivoire are increasingly investing in 3G and 4G network expasnion. Also, mobile money services remain a key VAS for operators.
Cte d'Ivoire: Expansion of 3G and 4G Coverage Along with Growth of Mobile Money Services to Support Telecom Growth,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Cte d'Ivoire today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Cte d'Ivoire compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Cte d'Ivoire.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Cte d'Ivoire's telecommunications markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Cte d'Ivoire's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Cte d'Ivoire's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Cte d'Ivoire's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Cte d'Ivoire.