The Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in South Korea report published by Canadean provides in-depth information on value and volume data by category and distribution channel. Leading brands, the most opportunistic foodservice channels, and packaging material and container consumption are also covered.
- South Koreas steady economy, young population, rising disposable income makes it an ideal choice for 6. Wine consumption in South Korea is forecast to register growth at a CAGR of 13.2% during 2014-2019.
- Sparkling Wine is the fastest growth category, registering a CAGR of 22.6% during 2009-2019
- The South Korean Wine market is highly competitive and is led by players such as Andre Clouet Wines, Duegradinv Wines and F.W. Langguth Erben Gmbh and Co.
- South Korea Wine market grew by 12.8% in value terms and 11.5% in volume terms during 2013-2014. The alcoholic beverages and tobacco price inflation stood at -0.2%.Due to this reason high-income consumers prefer premium brands in South Korean Wine market
- South Korea has a large proportion of young adult and middle aged consumers who increasingly prefer Wine over other alcoholic drinks as it is considered to be a more sophisticated beverage choice.
- Premium Wine is gaining popularity as an appreciation for taste and quality. The Dom Perignon 2002 vintage Wine is a premium quality Wine from France and sold by Dure Co. Ltd in South Korea. The vintage Wine is made using Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grape varieties and will appeal to quality seeking consumers.
- Stopper closure type packaging will register a growth of 11.4% CAGR during 2014-2019.
The report on the Wine sector in South Korea provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types, closures, and information on category level distribution and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Still Wine, Sparkling Wine and Fortified Wine, with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, private label growth analysis during 2011-2014
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: usage of different packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging materials: flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; containers: tray, tub, foil and others
- Consumer level trends: Top four consumer trends which influence prepared meals consumption
- Future outlook: Reviews and recommendations on how the market will shape up from 2014-2019
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving prepared meals consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion